Broiler Chicken Welfare
By 2024, we will require our chicken suppliers to do the following for 100% of our products:
1. Transition to strains of birds that demonstrate higher welfare outcomes that meet the criteria of the RSPCA Broiler Breed Welfare Assessment Protocol or Global Animal Partnership (GAP).
2. Reduce stocking density to a maximum of 30 kg/sq. meter and prohibit broiler cages.
3. Provide birds enriched environments including litter, lighting, and enrichment that meets GAP’s new standards.
4. Process chickens in a manner that avoids pre-stun handling and instead utilizes a multi-step controlled atmosphere processing system that induces an irreversible stun.
5. Demonstrate compliance with the above standards via third party auditing.
New Orleans Pizza is committed to sourcing and serving 100 percent cage-free eggs in all of its restaurants by 2025.